Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More of the Same

02-23-2012

Not a whole lot to explain today. I continued working on the air cleaner which I have come to truly loathe. I hate it as much as one can possible hate something but then another hour goes by and I find a new way to hate it. Today was just more welding and then grinding and welding and more grinding and so on.

Today we had a freak warm weather day in February thanks to a big storm front moving in. The end result was one of the nicest days you could imagine. It was around 70 degrees today. The weather had predicted it coming so I knew today would be my one chance to clean all the mud out from under The Caprice that April and I had gathered this weekend. We were on our way to Bowling Green and had some extra time so we took some backroads and wound up on a one lane gravel road that crossed a creek that was about 25 feet across. The other side of the creek has washed out a bit and had a large amount of mud before the gravel started again. We pulled down into the creek to see how deep it was and the water was at the bottom of the doors. We could tell it got deeper because of the ripples. I started to pull forward a little to see how deep it was when my tires began to spin and sink into the gravel. I knew at that point it was all or nothing so I gave it the gas and we made a go for it. We made it but the end result was mud all over the car. I had to get it out because as we all know that much mud under an old car will begin to rust it pretty quick. So, today I had to use the one day of warm weather to get it done.


I also went ahead and got the mud out from under the Blazer where we had to go into the field multiple times to put April's extra car parts in storage in the barn. It looked pretty good after it was cleaned up. My nephew never washed it once when he had it for 6 months. It looked pretty good...until I looked at the caved in door from my mom's wonderful demolition derby impersonation in their driveway.


Then April came home and asked me if I could wash hers, so I just put it in line since I'd already finished off my '57 and the LTD which I'm selling tomorrow.



Tomorrow, I hope to get finished with the welding and grinding on that horrid air cleaner.