Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Long Time Gone

I haven't been able to continue to update progress because the website I was using went down and there is no definite time known when it will be fixed so I have gone through the daunting process of moving everything to this new website.  It actually worked out for the best because this website is much better for posting things.  Unfortunately I have a lot of pictures to try to go back through and the descriptions will probably just have to be a  quick overview as I have forgotten a lot of the details from that time.

I finally finished up the bracket.  Because the two different pieces of metal were of two different thicknesses it made it very difficult to weld them together because the thinner metal kept wanting to burn through, but I eventually finished it.


While I was working on the braceWoodson was out cruising around in his '56 so he decided to stop by and check out the progress on the '37.  He did a complete ground up restoration on this '56 Bel Air.


After I finished with the bracket I hung the driver side rear door back on and started looking into which latch I will be able to install.  I want to put the bigger latches because I feel they are safer, but the smaller latches may be required because of space.  Both are safer than the original style latches, however.

The doors will have to be cut for the new latches to be installed and the old equipment removed.  Though I have been against cutting the car as much as possible I don't mind this because of the added safety.