Monday, July 23, 2012

Bringing Home the Bacon

01-22-2012

We went to pick up April's engine today. It was about 3 1/2 hours away. It's a 5.3 LS motor and transmission from a truck. The engine has 61K miles on it. The transmission was supposed to be from the same truck but upon inspection the guy getting the motor for me realized the bellhousing had a crack so he found another transmission. This transmission, a 4L60E, only has 30,000 miles on it. It came with everything except the compressor, but that's OK because I'll be running a Vintage Air unit later. It has a harness and a PCM with it as well.

It was a PAIN to get into the garage. Luckily my friend Nick went on the trip to get it and was there to help April and me unload it.





That carpet was a huge pain to work around.


Finally got her squeezed in there


I'm not looking forward to a week of having to walk around this thing


And as you can see, PLENTY of room to spare