Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eye See What You Did There

April is helping a friend plan a wedding 40 miles away, so we traded Caprices so I could have the trailer hitch and haul The Clam's engine down to my friend's house to rebuild it.



I just got the air working on my Caprice (which we call The Caprice and we call her's the A-price, because her name is April) and it overheated on her as she neared the end of the 40 mile trip. I called AAA but they said since I was the cardholder that I would have to be present, so I drove down with my parents and met the tow truck driver.

Here is mother-dearest in front of The (ailing) Caprice.  She has always hated this car since the day I drug it out of the weeds behind my dad's dealership, so she didn't have anything nice to say about it breaking down.



Unfortunately, earlier that evening I got a metal shaving in my eye, so that was there while I had to go down and meet April and The Caprice. When I got home, I was home alone, so I tried to use the camera to observe my eye and find the shard of metal that was causing me so much pain. If you look below my pupil, around 5 o'clock, you'll see where I found the culprit. I tried to use a magnet to pull it out but had no luck. I I I had to go to the eye doctor today on the way down to deliver The Clam's motor. They didn't take our insurance so it cost $89 just to get it taken out. They remove these, by the way, by using deadening drops in the eye and then using a drill to get the metal and rust out.



I finally got the engine delivered and all earth metals removed from my eye. Very close to where I delivered the engine, the largest tree in the county had blown over the previous Thursday in a huge storm. I happened to be in the storm and have never experienced anything like it. There was strong wind, but the lightening was almost constant. It would strike around us in all directions. Very large, long lasting, bright bolts that struck the ground each time. I had to stop by and get a picture of the tree.



That's all for now. I am, however, going to invest in some face hugging safety glasses rather than the cheap ones I have now.