Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dash Guts

03-07-2012

Today I talked to the powder coaters and the sand blasters. I haven't received the other part of my order for the IFS so I called the company that I got them through. They told me that my parts were on the shelf ready to ship out tomorrow. I have a feeling if I hadn't called I wouldn't have gotten my order.

I finished removing what was left under the dash. This shows pretty well how many holes are in the firewall


I suppose the good thing about replacing everything is you can just cut all the wires out of the way instead of having to unscrew and wrap them all up.


This will get sent out and restored to look original but work with the new wiring harness. We're going to keep the original look but have the lighting turned to orange.


This thing had a whole bunch of insulation and heat pads. Several layers.



A company makes an electric replacement for the wiper motor that bolts right in place of the old one, so we'll be going that route.


And finally I'm in the process of cutting out the old windows to replace the glass with modern safety glass