Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Quick Side Project

03-20-2012

I got everything situated in the garage and made room for the frame for when it comes back from the sand blasters.

Here's the frame going off to the sand blasters


Then it was time to make room for when the frame comes back


I even had room to keep the '57 inside for a couple nights


Then I had to add on to our gazebo. We ordered a canopy to replace our old one. The old one had been completely destroyed by age and then a couple storms that had literally ripped it to shreds. Unfortunately the new one was designed to fit a different style gazebo. It was made for a covering that had an extra roof on the top.

As you can see, it doesn't quite fit.


First I had to make a skeleton for the zip-off top to mount over.


Here it is getting there



My mother and father in law got me this saw for Christmas. Let me say that this is one of the greatest inventions ever. If I could have had this last year it would have taken me half the time to build my shed. Perfect cuts every time in a fraction of the time it used to take with my crude previous setup.



And finally it ends up looking something like this. I still will have to make a few more supports inside because although this canopy was made for a 12x12 gazebo it was made for one with a steeper angle. I'm going to have to add some structures inside to take up the slack in the material or it will just rip as the wind blows it.