Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trunk full of parts

I mounted the brake arm assembly today.  It took a few more test fits and a bit more modification, but not as much as I had anticipated.  It's been such a pain and it's taken so long it's hard to believe I can actually move on to something else.  The fitment is very tight, but that was why it had to be made from scratch in the first place.













The order Bill put in a while back came in today so after April got off work we headed over to his house to pick up all the parts.  The air conditioning, steering shafts and joints, steering column, transmission cooler and mounts, compressor and mount and a lot more stuff was all part of the big haul.

Tomorrow, if something doesn't come up, I plan to dig into the parts.  The air conditioning needs to be mounted first so I can base a lot of other things off that, like wipers, parking brake handle and vents.