Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wheel Well Water Sand

Today was decently warm so I took care of a few smaller things.  First up was getting the fender wells cleaned up.  First I scrubbed them with soap, water, and a brush.  Then I hit them with some sandpaper and water to get them ready for primer.

Then came the high heat primer.

The first gloss black can I used wasn't great and the second one I used eventually stopped up completely before it was even half empty.  I had to wait until I went to town to get another can so that I could finish the job.

I also finally got around to painting the door jamb strikers.

The spacers were not all the same thickness so I wanted to make sure they went back on the door they came off of. 

While at the bodyshop it was recommended that I coat the patch panel with a special rust preventative substance that came in an aerosol can.  It sprays out in liquid form and leaves a film over the surface.  They advised me to spray it and let it run down behind the brace.  I continued until it began running out of the bottom, under the brace.  This area should be completely protected now.

Here's half a garage full of parts anxiously awaiting to be turned back into a massive station wagon.