Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hibernation

The Clam is practically finished except for one detail, the rear tailgate leaks because of the rear tailgate and window weatherstrips.  I've continually worked on making new ones from universal pieces but the weather has gotten very cold and because of daylight savings it's almost dark when I get home from work.  It's just too cold to be getting wet while working with water leaks so I'm putting The Clam up until the weather warms up a little bit.  A neighbor has let me use his building.  It's very frustrating that the car is practically finished and April could be driving it except for the leak in the rear window.  It rains so much this time of year that I don't want this leak causing rust and damage to the interior.  This building is pretty far from the house and has no power run to it so working on cars here is not practical.  Oh well, I'm thankful to at least have a place to store it.